Fracking Documentary - Triple Divide

  • Bradford County Complaint Files

    The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) handles complaints from residents who experience impacts from natural gas development. Complaints can be submitted by contacting the nearest office on DEP’s “Report an Incident” page.

    If you are experiencing problems with natural gas development, contact the DEP office nearest you. For immediate threats to human or environmental health, call 911 or DEP’s emergency number, 1-800-541-2050. Always ask DEP for your complaint number which you can use to call back and get updates about your complaint.

    If your complaint involves surface waters, call the Fish & Boat Commission at 1-855-FISH-KIL (1-855-347-4545). You can also call the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency tip line.

    If you witness a chemical or oil spill, contact the National Response Center in addition to contacting a local environmental group from our ‘Resources’ page to help make sure your complaint is handled properly.

    If you are able, document the issue through photo, video or audio recordings. Remember safety comes first. Please do not put yourself in harm’s way to document a complaint.

    Public Herald, as part of an ongoing investigation documented by Triple Divide, is collecting the total number of complaints received by DEP’s North Central Regional Office to get a better understanding of the overall impacts of shale gas development. We’ll add the files to the “#fileroom” as they’re gathered. To help us in our quest, please donate to Triple Divide.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>